“Afrikosmos”, composed by the South African composer Michael Blake, is an African answer to Bela Bartók’s “Mikrokosmos”. With“Afrikosmos”, Blake has composed a guide for composers of new African or neo-African music. Just as “Mikrokosmos”, “Afrikosmos” is comprised of six volumes and Blake has followed Bartóks’ method of starting with the easiest pieces progressing to the
Piano books, lesson books and sheet music
Johann Friedrich Burgmuller (1806-1874) was a German pianist and composer. Burgmüller was born in Regensburg (Germany) as the son of the conductor August Burgmüller and Therese von Zandt. In 1836, Burgmüller settled in France (Paris) where he would stay for the rest of his life.
Today, Burgmüller is mainly known for his piano works. His
Sergei Prokofiev (1891-1953) was a Russian composer and pianist. He is counted among the great Russian composers of the 20th century.
The following works have been added:
- Four Etudes op. 2 (1909) added to level 15.
- Four Pieces op. 3 (1911) added to level 11.
- Four Pieces op. 4 (1910-12) added to level 14.
Philip Glass (b. Baltimore, January 31,1937) is an American composer. His compositions generally fall under the genre minimal music.
The following works have been added, or further subdivided:
- Metamorphosis, Nos. 1 and 5, subdivided into level 4.
- Metamorphosis, No. 3, subdivided into level 5.
- Metamorphosis, Nos. 2 en 4, subdivided into level 6.
On December 11, 2015, I added the following books:
- A. Pärt - Für Anna Maria (level 6).
- A. Pärt - Ukuaru valss (level 6).
- A. Pärt - Partita op. 2 (level 11).
- D. Scarlatt - Ausgewählte Klaviersonaten Band IV, (‘The best of Scarlatti’). This book contains the most famous sonatas, including K33, K87, K118, K162,